India and Myanmar Sign Mou on Defence Co-Operation
Key Initiatives as Minister of AYUSH
- Proposed all India Institute of Ayurveda, Yoga, & Naturopathy ( AIIAY&N ) at Dargal, Pernem. Phase – 1 worth Rs.386.35 Crores.
- Upgradation of Goa Medical College Under Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana ( PMSSY ) – Construction of 555 Bedded Super Speciality in 11 Departments worth Rs.386.35 Crores.
- 10,000 AYUSH Wellness Centers to be set-up in the whole of India.
- Every district will have an AYUSH Hospital in the whole India.
- New 72 up to 50 bedded integrated AYUSH Hospitals have been approved for establishment in the States/UTs for providing AYUSH healthcare to more people in the country. Ministry of AYUSH sanctioned Rs.28,517.39 lakh to States/UTs for the collocation of AYUSH facilities.
- 1062 Yoga & Naturopathy wellness centers have been approved for setting up to encourage preventive and pro-motive health care in the community. Ministry of AYUSH sanctioned Rs.4656.14 lakh to States/UTs for the collocation of AYUSH facilities.
- Central Government also supported the States/UTs for adopting the healthy way of living by the community in villages through the practice of AYUSH based lifestyles and intervention under AYUSH Gram. Support for 257 such AYUSH Grams in different States for the last 4 years enabled the community in the prevention of diseases and promotion of health in a holistic manner. Ministry on AYUSH sanctioned Rs. 1846.94 lakh to States/UTs for collocation of AYUSH facilities.
- Under NAM, the Government of India also focused on the quality of AYUSH teaching facilities by way of providing support to 97 Units of State Government/ Government aided AYUSH educational institutions for infrastructure support/Establishment. Ministry of AYUSH sanctioned Rs.14,466.55 lakh to States/UTs for the collocation of AYUSH facilities.